Thursday, June 17, 2010

Anyone use the inhaler albuterol??

This is the 2nd time my doctor has prescribed me this inhaler. I had congestion in my chest and weezing. I have never used this inhaler, because one of the major side effects is increased heart rate and it makes you anxious. I am afraid to use the inhaler, b/c I have anxiety problems/panic attacks. I feel that if I use the inhaler and feel my heart beat faster, it will cause me to panic. To all those who have used this....please let me know how you feel when you use it!!



Anyone use the inhaler albuterol??

I have been using Salbutamol/Albuterol since January and only once has my heart rate increased noticeably. When it did, it was because I was under a ton of stress and I used 6 inhalations in about an hour to stop my coughing. It worked alright, but I was shaking and heart rate was in the 140%26#039;s. In a few hours, it wore off and I was fine. What I did is not recommended and that%26#039;s why I had a side effect. Taking more than your doctor prescribes can cause an increased incidence of side effects.



Since you get anxious easily, then you might benefit from Xopenex. Xopenex is stronger than Albuterol, more expensive, and is used for heart patients commonly because of the reduced incidence of increased heart rate. I recommend that you talk to your doctor about your medication. If you are prescribed something and you don%26#039;t use it, then you don%26#039;t have any benefit from it.



Albuterol is one of the most benign medications I know of. It%26#039;s the respiratory equivalent of Tylenol for problems that it causes. Some patients do have trouble with it because of heart problems, allergy, and unknown reason for increased incidence of side effects. They go on Xopenex when this is known. Most people do well on Albuterol.



Anyone use the inhaler albuterol??

I used to be on albuterol (not anymore) and I also am prone to anxiety and used to suffer from frequent panic attacks. I never had any negative side effects from the inhaler, though. Of course, it never seemed to help me breathe much better either (i have chronic bronchitis), butI didn%26#039;t get jittery or nervous or anything like that.



Anyone use the inhaler albuterol??

I have used the inhaler albuterol for the past 4 years. It helps



me breath. Without it I would be gasping for air.



Jimmy H



Anyone use the inhaler albuterol??

Yes .I do, I%26#039;m 13 and have had it sence i was 6.



I had asthma attacks and this helps some not all of the sypoms though.It really depends on how bad your asthma is . I have never had any side effects and it feels like a powdery substanse that goes into your mouth and then you swallow and its normal again.



Hope I helped!!!



%26lt;3 Lindsey



Anyone use the inhaler albuterol??

I%26#039;ve used it and my Dad has, it works great. We both suffer from anxiety attacks, me; I take Valium (10mg) for mine, but if you don%26#039;t have access to that try Benedryl. It%26#039;s not harmful and it will help calm you. I%26#039;m not a professional so you should try googling Albuterol and read up on it.



Anyone use the inhaler albuterol??

I have COPD and asthma and have used Albuterol in the past. I has not caused any side effects in me.



My suggestion might be to NOT read the side effects until after you have taken the med, or if you react to it because your Dr wont let you have it if its going to interact with other meds or be bad for you. Its not uncommon for people with anxiety to THINK the medication is causing them to react to it after they have read what the symptoms are. If you think it, you can literally cause yourself to have anxiety attacks...since, after all, our own minds are usually the cause of them in the first place, right? (i have anxiety issues too)



I encourage you to take it and give it a chance to work. Keep yourself busy and up to your ears in something workwise after you take it so you do not concentrate on feeling anything other than better.



Best wishes hon...i can relate.



Anyone use the inhaler albuterol??

I use this nearly every day, and I want you to do it, too. It really makes your breathing a lot easier..............a LOT! It won%26#039;t make you have a panic attack at all........I%26#039;ve had them, I know.



It makes my wheezing much less, and makes breathing a nice thing to do, instead of a painful thing. If you%26#039;ve ever had a breathing treatment at a hospital or doctor%26#039;s office, it will be like that. It%26#039;s a GOOD thing............use it, O.K.?..........I wouldn%26#039;t tell you to use it if it had bad side affects. It feels so good to breath!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive