Thursday, June 17, 2010

Arrhythmias...?

Ok every since I was little I would just be sitting and being calm and all of a sudden my heart rate would beat really fast for no reason at all and then it would go back to its regular pace, (I can feel it, I dont need to put my hand over my chest), and might start again in a few minutes/hours.. or i might not get anymore for a few weeks or months. But its the same now, just being calm and get these weird palpitations. I just read an article on this last month so I figured out that this is what I might have. They say its normal and many people experience it but it can me life-threatenning and im Just 24. Should I go to the doctor? This weekend I had some red-bull and it made it alot worse I thought I was going to drop dead or something. And do those medications really work??? What should I do?? I dont experience it that much but when I do it scares me. Itts not a good feeling, I wonder if its a heart attack or I dont know.



Arrhythmias...?

I have had similar symptoms. I%26#039;ve started to narrow some of it down to being allergy related since it%26#039;s worse at a particular time of the year. But I will get that feeling of my heart POUNDING in my chest, or just speeding up. Sometimes I%26#039;ll get the sensation of passing out.



I%26#039;ve been to the doctor several times. I%26#039;ve had an ECG, he tried BP meds (off those now), and he checks my heart every time I go in. All signs indicate it%26#039;s healthy.



I do go to the gym as well, and I do a lot of activities that should make my heart blow if it is prone to an attack. But BE CAREFUL. Go to your Doc for sure.



And get off the Red Bull! LoL I drank 4 of those during a 12 hour drive after an 8 hour work day and I had a racing heart and hurting chest the entire next day and I didn%26#039;t sleep well. Never again!



Arrhythmias...?

I%26#039;d definitely check with my dr.



Arrhythmias...?

Well.Did u ever have a echo-gram done of your heart before. What u describing to me,it sounds kind of serious,I don%26#039;t want to scare u. Than again it just could be stress or anxiety if they don%26#039;t find anything wrong with your heart. The only time this could be a danger to u, the arrhythmia%26#039;s,when u never experience them, and all over sudden they just come. Medication do work. I%26#039;m on a beta-blocker and this medicine called Micardis. Micardis helps for a skipped heart beat. Bet-blocker helps for my fast heart rate.There are times where I do have a fast heart rate and it skips because of stress and anxiety. They work, u may want to go to the doctor and sit down and talk to them. About the gym make sure u don%26#039;t over do it at times.Take your time exercising.If u don%26#039;t see a doctor a.s.a.p.



Arrhythmias...?

The person who said the arrhythmias are only dangerous if you%26#039;ve never had them is WRONG! Certain types are VERY dangerous, esp. if you get them while exerting yourself! There are medications, but you need to see a cardiologist to make sure there%26#039;s nothing organically wrong w/your heart (at least an echocardiogram should be done).



It also sounds like you%26#039;re sensitive to stimulants, like caffeine (in the Red Bull)...don%26#039;t take it and see what happens, but DO see a Dr., ASAP!).



Arrhythmias...?

arrhythmias are normal if you are healthy like an athlete heart reate can be bradycardia.if you have signs and symptoms this is reaally bad



Arrhythmias...?

Based on the information you have given, it could be a heart arrhythmia called Supraventricular Tachycardia (SVT). Even more specifically, it sounds like either AV node Re-entrant Tachycardia or Wolf-Parkinson-White syndrome.



It is not normal, and in some instances it can be life-threatening. It can be successfully treated, even cured.



Yes, you should see a cardiologist. Even better would be an Electrophysiologist. These are doctors who specialize in heart arrhythmias.



Find more information about symptoms and treatments at the Heart Rhythm Society website.



Best of luck. :%26gt;)



(and slow down on the Red Bull )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive