Thursday, June 17, 2010

Does this sound like enough exercise to lose weight?

I am an American living in Germany, so my trainer only speaks Deutsch. My trainer has me riding an exercise bike for 10 minutes to get my heart rate up to 120. I am 42 years old-is this high enough?



He also has me doing 4 sets of 20 on 8 different weight resistant machines, and 4 sets of 20 sit ups. Does this sound good?



Should I rest in between sets, and if so, how long? Someone has told me to not rest, as it keeps my heart beating. HELP!



Does this sound like enough exercise to lose weight?

10 minutes is NOT long enough for you to lose weight. You need to maintain your increased heart rate for 45 minutes to burn fat. Yes, you can rest between the bike and the weights. The weight routine is good. Just get more time on that bike or walk for an hour every day. And I mean walk---don%26#039;t stroll!



Does this sound like enough exercise to lose weight?

From what you have described, the exercise routine your trainer has you on should work. Your cardio and weight training portions sound good enough and rest between sets should be reasonable, so 60-90 seconds assuming you are really pushing yourself. Variety is important in your training so you can vary your rest between sets, as well as different exercises. The key component that I sure hope your trainer is helping you with is diet. It doesn%26#039;t what training routine you use, if your diet is not effective than you are wasting your time in the gym. Please make sure the dietary aspect is also being addressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive