Thursday, June 17, 2010

I have chest pressure, but I'm not old, any ideas?

so I searched it up on this site and found http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;...



And the guy%26#039;s symptoms are the same as mine, But i%26#039;m a older teen, not quite as old as the other people asking this question.



It%26#039;s pressure on my chest, right between the Pectoralis Major, between my man boobs. I dissmissed it at first because I do a lot of disproportionate weight training, and I%26#039;m on a break from working out.



I%26#039;m not 100% clean, but pretty close. I do a LOT of aeorbics, and my resting heart rate is something around 60, maybe a bit more because I estimate. Can old teens have heart problems?



Happy Holidays Btw!



I have chest pressure, but I%26#039;m not old, any ideas?

Anyone at any age can have heart problems. Go to you doctor and have a few quick painless tests. Most likely it%26#039;s nothing.



I have chest pressure, but I%26#039;m not old, any ideas?

Of course they can.



If you use drugs, then you can run into a series of different medical problems.



My main thing was stress, and I consistently had pressure/pain/hell. Now that it is winter break, all the pain is gone.



If you stress a lot, it would be good to see your doctor.



(S)he might make you do a lot of pointless tests like I did, but it%26#039;s worth it in the end.



Good luck!



Merry Christmas.



I have chest pressure, but I%26#039;m not old, any ideas?

Let a doctor decide if your problem should be further worked up or dismissed. It could be anything from a pulled muscle, heart burn or a heart problem, so have it checked out.



I have chest pressure, but I%26#039;m not old, any ideas?

Anyone can have heart problems. I am 47 years old. The doctors say fairly young for major heart problems. I smoked for almost 25 years. That was my ONLY risk factor for heart disease. I do have emphysema and idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis. I had chest pain for almost a year. My doctors were convinced that my heart was fine and my lungs were the problem. But finally they decided to check my heart with a heart catheterization. They woke me up long enough to tell me I was going in for open heart surgery to put in 5 bypasses. This is when they also diagnosed the idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis.



By the way, idiopathic means %26quot;of unknown cause/origin%26quot; and pulmonary fibrosis means lung scaring.



Info on angina is available at the links below.



I suggest you see your doctor and get checked out. It may be nothing or it could be serious. What is a few minutes of your life and a couple of hundred bucks for peace of mind and good health.



Merry Christmas,



Terry



I have chest pressure, but I%26#039;m not old, any ideas?

Young or old, it is not normal or good to have pressure on your chest. Especially when you are resting or not working out. That is not normal.



You used to work out a lot and now take a break? You are not 100% clean? All the more, this is reason to get yourself checked out by a doctor. Tell the doc honestly what you have been taking and how you have been working out. Then tell him about the chest pressure and for how long and when. Also when it goes away, or does not go away?



You should also consider to get the EKG check and maybe a treadmill check. If you are some rich person like the Prince of England or something they would do it right away. Your doc may or may not suggest it depending on a lot of things, like if you have medical insurance. But just do it, and ask him isn%26#039;t it good to do this EKG and treadmill check?



Also you should tell him if you have any family history of heart or other disease. Did your Dad, Mom or Uncle, Aunt, grandparents have heart trouble? If yes, even more reason.



Anyway, you are a teen and having this issue is not normal. It could just be %26quot;growing pains%26quot;, but if this goes on for more than a few days, get it checked out pronto.



One other comment. Ever think to become a doctor or nurse or emergency guy or something? This type of life work is a great area helping people and something you might want to consider. Check it out mainly for your own health, but also maybe to consider what you might like to do in the future.



Get this checked out now or you might be like my friend. He even had a nurse for a wife but dropped dead of a real heart attack because he ignored the signs and thought they were heartburn or something. There is pain there for some reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive