Wednesday, October 28, 2009

30 minutes of cardio daily. Not long enough?

I do 30 minutes of cardio daily on a stationary bike which gives me about 20-25 minutes in my target heart rate. I feel like my heart and my lungs can go longer, but my legs can%26#039;t. Is 30 minutes long enough to promote weight loss and if not, what options do I have?



30 minutes of cardio daily. Not long enough?

20 is the minimum, 30 is quite good, especially if it%26#039;s daily. If you watch fat intake, keep calories under control and do this daily I think you should lose weight. I worked out with weights, stretching and 30 mins on a treadmill 3 times a week and lost 25 pounds. I also cut out alcohol, sweets, fats and most meat. Sustained it for about 10 years till I hit mental-pause.



30 minutes of cardio daily. Not long enough?

Your options are to use a different piece of equipment. I suggest and elipitcal. Yes the bike can tire your legs, but the eliptical will give you an all over work out.



You should do an hour of cardio to see great results.



30 minutes of cardio daily. Not long enough?

In actuality, weight loss is 90% diet and 10% exercise. Doing that amount of cardio is not only great for your heart, but also does help your metabolism and burns a handful of calories in the process.



However, the only way to really knock that weight down is to limit how much and what you%26#039;re eating. I%26#039;ve seen plenty of guys that were 5%26#039;8 and 200 pounds of flab be able to outrun the 6%26#039;0 170 sculpted guys, but couldn%26#039;t seem to put the burgers down.



Really, if you%26#039;re not seeing what you want to, it%26#039;s not the exercise that%26#039;s lacking, you%26#039;re doing plenty there, and it%26#039;s great that you do. Just gotta find the foods that work for you.



30 minutes of cardio daily. Not long enough?

well if your legs hurt than try to do some sit-ups or something to work on the rest of your body, plus i%26#039;ve heard that 60 minutes of exercise is the best



30 minutes of cardio daily. Not long enough?

There閳ユ獨 nothing wrong with that. For me, I閳ユ獓 push it to where a couple times a week I閳ユ獓 go for 45 to 60. The bike is really working your legs. You need to switch up your exercise program- for boredom閳ユ獨 sake and also to get the most effective workout by using different muscles/ combination of muscles. Get on a treadmill or elliptical. Or just take it outdoors- get a good pace and find some hills. For weight loss- it all depends on your calorie intake.



30 minutes of cardio daily. Not long enough?

I would also suggest using more than just the bike/ once your body gets used to only one machine. it starts to slowly not receive such a great workout/burn. try running 2 times aweek, which is a great cadrio workout and switches it up!



but 30 minutes aday is GREAT! keep that up because 25 and above is what is said to make a differernce! good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive