Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Do you think it's good that my dog can jump 3 foot 3 inches?

I am in the 6th grade and I taught my dog to jump 3 foot 3 inches. He jumps it consistently. I have been teaching him for about 9 months. He is home bred so I have known him his whole life. I specifically picked him out because he had long legs and a very athletic body and build. My vet listened to his heart beat and told me he could tell he was an athlete because of his slow heart rate. If you go to youtube.com you can type in ilovehunterjumper just like that and you can see videos of Herbie jumping.



Do you think it%26#039;s good that my dog can jump 3 foot 3 inches?

Wow. I am impressed! Good job with the training!



Do you think it%26#039;s good that my dog can jump 3 foot 3 inches?

That%26#039;s great. My mom%26#039;s dog can jump up onto the kitchen counter without a running start!



Do you think it%26#039;s good that my dog can jump 3 foot 3 inches?

later on he could develop arthritis, so just be cautious as he ages, but i think it%26#039;s fine for him to jump, just don%26#039;t make him do it constantly.



Do you think it%26#039;s good that my dog can jump 3 foot 3 inches?

3 feet is great! 7 feet is the record i bet if you keep practicing you can beat it!



Do you think it%26#039;s good that my dog can jump 3 foot 3 inches?

That%26#039;s pretty good! If he likes it, then go ahead and enjoy it. My little guy can jump up on the bed which is a little over 3 feet high, and he%26#039;s only 11 inches tall. We%26#039;re going into agility training when he%26#039;s done with obedience.



Make sure you train them for obedience first, then tricks. You can do both, but make sure obedience takes priority over fun.



Do you think it%26#039;s good that my dog can jump 3 foot 3 inches?

I think its cute. Lots of dogs have an amazing jumping ability. It is very responsible of you to spend so much time with your dog teaching him a new trick.



I have a lab who is a year old, and she can jump pretty high. When she was younger, we%26#039;d have a baby gate put up in the back room, with the dishwasher pushed in front of it, AND a big 10 gallon HEAVY tupperware container on top of the dishwasher, and that lab could still clear it when we werent looking to drink out of the toilet. Dogs do amazing things, and you and yours are both pretty special. :-)



Do you think it%26#039;s good that my dog can jump 3 foot 3 inches?

Way Cool!



Herbie%26#039;s a big dog!



Keep up the good work and consider training him for the Dog Olympics. You%26#039;ll have MORE fun!! I%26#039;m particularly fond of dogs whipping through the tunnels and the weave sticks.



Be sure, though, your backyard fence is higher than the pup can jump. :-D



Lots of luck, kiddo. I%26#039;ll be cheering you and Herbie on!!



.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive