Saturday, October 31, 2009

I've recently ruptured my achilles, what can i do?

My summer plans were to join a gym, get in shape, and get a body for the beach. But after screwing up my foot everything went down the toilet. What can i do to lose weight? Something to keep my heart rate up to burn fat. I can lift weights, but just lifting wont get my heart up to burn the weight (I don%26#039;t think).



I%26#039;ve recently ruptured my achilles, what can i do?

My achilles tendon finally blew out due to past injuries, breaking



my foot 2x, and countless sprains and strains. I ended up having



5 different casts put on, each time after they would move my



foot at a different angle and then recast.



Things to do afterward: massage the incision! Do EVERYTHING



they advise you to do in rehab! Keep it as flexible as you can.



Re: exercise. You probably will need to keep it to non-impact



exercises. I work out on resistance weight machines at the gym-



30 minutes 3x weekly-be diligent! In 10 months I have lost 52



pounds and countless inches...it%26#039;s amazing and incredible! Your



body will become firmer and more toned, and your metabolism



will continue to run after you are finished with your workout. I



started on the Atkins...stayed on it for almost 2 months solid. I



then went to a regular diet...making fried and fast food a real



exception...maybe 2-3x monthly. Sauteed, grilled, baked, roasted



or slow-cooked is how I prepare the meat now...lots of veggies



and salads and fruit, cutting back on the %26quot;side dishes%26quot;. I eat a ton



of pop corn...it lets me munch forever, and it%26#039;s good for me also.



Stick with it...recuperation is not forever and you will feel so much



better afterward. Get with a regular exercise plan and stay with



it--incorporate it into your lifestyle--make it a priority. Good Luck!



I%26#039;ve recently ruptured my achilles, what can i do?

First off.... be careful with that tendon. Go slowly when it comes time to rehab.



And yes there are some things that you can do to get your hear rate up ... upper body aerobics. Working the arms and torso and waist can still burn lots of calories.



Also you can use a stationary bike. but instead of riding it, sit in front of it, set the resistance as high as it can go and pedal using your arms.



Hoped this gets you to thinking in the right direction because there is alot you can still do

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive