Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Have any Civil Liberties Rights, Local, State or Mental Health Laws Been Broken Here?

Hello,



I have OCD, Tourettes Syndrome and Bipolar. I have been to the psych ward before the year 2002 and haven%26#039;t been back since because I feel well. Recently I smoked a puff of marijuana to help me with my Tourettes tics. I began experiencing a very rapid heartrate.



Alarmed I called 911, they came, and via ambulance I learned that my heart rate was as the paramedic put it %26quot;Tached at 162%26quot; I was coherent and intelligible and had asked to go the the hospital to have my heart checked by a doctor. I told them my hospital, they said it was full and I would have to go to another hospital in our city.



They took me to the hospital and immediately put me in restraints, 4 point both hands and both feet, injected me with 25 mg of valium and three injections of ativan. They didn%26#039;t have me sign anything and then just left me unattended, occasionally glancing in on me. I didn%26#039;t want restraints but they put them on anyway. One of the attendants held my throat for over a minute full handed.



Have any Civil Liberties Rights, Local, State or Mental Health Laws Been Broken Here?

We only have your side of the story. Obviously you had an anxiety attack and may have needed restraints in the opinion of a physician.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive