Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Thyroid meds to reduce a thyroid nodule - anyone done this?

I have a benign thyroid nodule that has been growing slowly over 5 years. All my T3/T4/TSH numbers were normal. My old endocrinologist put me 175 mg of Levoxal she said to replace my natural thyroid hormones therefore shutting down my thyroid and possibly reducing the size of my nodule or at least stop it from growing. WHAT A DISASTER!!! I became hyperthyroid (duh! hindsight%26#039;s 20/20) and an anxiety mess. My hypothyroid Aunt is only on 122mgs and she worked up to that level gradually. I went from 0 to 175mg, no wonder I freaked out! Other doctors have told me that she meant to make me hyper to %26quot;burn off%26quot; the nodule.



My numbers are back in %26quot;normal%26quot; range but I%26#039;m still anxious, my heart is racing 100+ beats per minute while resting. My new endocrinolgist put me on Toprol to slow my heart rate but it%26#039;s still in the 90%26#039;s. I have other hyperthyroid symptoms as well.



As anyone else gone thru this and have your begun to feel %26quot;normal%26quot; yet? Thanks



Thyroid meds to reduce a thyroid nodule - anyone done this?

u neeeeeed time



be patient



best luck

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive