Saturday, October 31, 2009

Could an ear plugged up with ear wax cause blood pressure to rise to 200/114?

I have high blood pressure and am on medication. The generic for Inderal, long acting. I take 360 mg a day in 3 divided doses. 120 mg/dose. I woke up in the middle of the night with ringing ears. I checked my blood pressure and it was 200/114. I went to the emergency room after taking 120 mg of Inderal. They hooked me up to a heart rate monitor and told me my heart was fine. After two hours my blood pressure went down to 145/91. Anybody have any idea what could have caused this? The doctor didn%26#039;t know. They found my left ear plugger with was and cleaned out the was. Later that week my blood pressure rose to 170/100, but other than that it was 120-140/85-90. The 170 reading was probably due to lack of sleep. I slept poorly that night.



Could an ear plugged up with ear wax cause blood pressure to rise to 200/114?

Ear plug has nothing to do with your blood pressure rise! If you have inheritant this blood pressure than it may not be controlled with single mean! Have you under gone any ultrasono graphy of your abdomen? See in30%of high blood pressure people kidney is found to have a cause! Get your kidneys function tested both way anatomically and physiologically too! You have not disclosed your age! And lipid profile also! Any way your blood pressure has no connection with your earplug! Stop taking inderal and switch on atenelol which is a same thing called beta blocker with amlodipine to have heart protection as well! You may take enalepril for kidney protection if not amlodipine! You should under go certain tests before I suggest anything else! Always YouRsmE



Could an ear plugged up with ear wax cause blood pressure to rise to 200/114?

NO, ear wax does not cause high blood pressure. You have had this problem for awhile and it is being treated appropriately. Many things can make it go to high levels.



Could an ear plugged up with ear wax cause blood pressure to rise to 200/114?

Your blood pressure is not under control. I suggest that you contact your doctor to work toward getting your BP under control. I doubt that the ear wax buildup is related to your 200/114 reading.



Could an ear plugged up with ear wax cause blood pressure to rise to 200/114?

No. I would be sure and monitor your B/P frequently now, you might need an increase in your medicine.



Could an ear plugged up with ear wax cause blood pressure to rise to 200/114?

This really strange and normally I would say no..ear wax does not increase blood pressure. BUT..I too take inderal...and I too have had recurrent ear wax problems, ringing in the ears and blood pressure going up and down. Your blood pressure may have went up due to anxiety over the ear problem and doc visit. Maybe we need a new medicine.



Could an ear plugged up with ear wax cause blood pressure to rise to 200/114?

Ear wax does not cause high blood pressure. But high blood pressure can cause ringing in the ears. Go see your doctor to get your blood pressure under better control.



Could an ear plugged up with ear wax cause blood pressure to rise to 200/114?

you need to to get better control blood pressure



Could an ear plugged up with ear wax cause blood pressure to rise to 200/114?

Your heart is working way too hard and your arteries are enduring more stress than they are designed to. There is a reason for your high blood pressure; get yourself to a cardiologist who will seek out the reason(s) and initiate a treatment plan that works. If you%26#039;ve been advised to lose weight and or exercise, it%26#039;s time to get serious and commit to doing those things. Hypertension is called %26quot;the silent killer%26quot; because it will get you sooner or later without proper treatment.



Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive