Saturday, October 31, 2009

Does it sound like I'm going to have a miscarriage?

I went to the doctor today after some spotting. They did an ultra sound and I%26#039;m 3 weeks behind where I thought I was. I am 6 weeks pregnant. At any rate, an ultra sound was performed and my doctor seems extremely concerned. She basically told me to kind of distance my self from it and to just wait 2 weeks and they will do another ultra sound. She said theres about a 50/50 chance of having and losing it. She said the heart rate was 87. I%26#039;m wondering if any of you experienced this and what was the outcome?



Does it sound like I%26#039;m going to have a miscarriage?

Ok now are you actually 6 weeks pregant or suppose to be 9 weeks pregnant? you said you were 3 weeks behind where you thought you were? does that mean you thought you were 9 weeks and actually are 6 weeks?



This is important to know. If you are actually 6 weeks the heartbeat of the fetus is 90-110 normally, so you aren%26#039;t really that far below 90. If you are actually 9 weeks, then yes the heartbeat is a bit low, generaly the heartbeat doesn%26#039;t start till increase until 9 weeks, at 140-170 bpm.



Good luck to you, healthy vibes for baby.



ps - for those that say 6 wks is too early to tell heartbeat, she had an ultrasound which you can tell the heartbeat. it%26#039;s from a doppler or fetascope where you can%26#039;t hear a heartbeat at 6 wks.



Does it sound like I%26#039;m going to have a miscarriage?

Mine was smaller and kept showing several weeks behind and then I lost at 11 weeks! I hope you do not!!!!!!!!!!!!! Best wishes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...



Does it sound like I%26#039;m going to have a miscarriage?

I went to the doc when I was around 12 weeks pregnant because I was bleeding as if I were on the third day of my period. They did an ultrasound, and the heart rate was 171. The doc I saw still said I was having a miscarriage because no one bleeds that much if they aren%26#039;t. Either way, I am 36 weeks pregnant, I didn%26#039;t lose the baby, and everything is fine. I had a second opinion, and the doc I saw said when there is a heart beat, the rate of a miscarriage goes down to 3%. I have never heard of a heart rate that low before, but I hope everything works out for the best for you.



Does it sound like I%26#039;m going to have a miscarriage?

At 6 weeks pregnant its really hard to pick up the heartbeat. Maybe he was reading yours. My heart rate in early pregnancy was usually around 130bpm and they always confused it for my baby%26#039;s. One doctor tried to convince me I was having twins. I would just wait for the next ultrasound. God bless



Does it sound like I%26#039;m going to have a miscarriage?

I%26#039;m sorry for your loss.



The heart rate should be DOUBLE of what your%26#039;s it.



Listen to your doctor, they%26#039;ve done this before.



Does it sound like I%26#039;m going to have a miscarriage?

I didn%26#039;t think it was possible to get the heart rate this early? They were not able to get heart rates on my babies until at least 9 or 10 weeks, and one of them wasn%26#039;t until 12 weeks! Did they do a blood HCG? They would be able to tell from this how far along you are, and if the level starts to decline, then you%26#039;ll know to expect a miscarriage. I will pray for you and your baby! God bless!



Does it sound like I%26#039;m going to have a miscarriage?

The heart rate alone is alarming. Normal is around 140 (give or take 40 or so). I%26#039;m so sorry, but things do not sound good. Try to stay positive and do not stress if you can help it. I know this is almost impossible, but it will help. At only six weeks things like this happen a lot. I sincerely hope everything is okay. You will be in my thoughts.



Does it sound like I%26#039;m going to have a miscarriage?

I have had 3 m/c%26#039;s and the one that had heartbeat did pass after it dropped from 120 to about 90 beats per minutes. The normal range of a heartbeat for a baby at 6+ weeks is 120-160 per min. The baby has a two chamber heart at about 6 weeks so it will beat at the higher range of normal maybe even in the 170%26#039;s range which is normal too. So unfortunantely it does seem like it%26#039;s not gonna work out I%26#039;ll keep my fingers crossed and hope things trun around but they did not for me and usually don%26#039;t from what I understand. Just try to prepare yourself either way.



Does it sound like I%26#039;m going to have a miscarriage?

What do they mean distance yourself from it? Honestly doctors become so calloused over the years - that is a baby - not just a lump of tissue. Anyway the spotting can be bad and it means you need to take it easy. Sometimes the baby does not attach good to the uterine wall and that can cause spotting. It does sound to me like the doctor is not telling you everything. I mean come on - to make such a concerned face and then not tell you why - is horrible. Your doctor apparently is expecting the worse. I know mine were - but you don%26#039;t have to receive their word as law. There is a higher power in this area. If you are a Christian please tell your woes to the local church so they can pray for you. My whole church prayed for me the entire time I was pregnant because I had so many complications. She is 2 years old now and doing fine - thank you. I think doctors take a course in how to SCARE their patients in the worst way possible. I would suggest you take it easy and pray and don%26#039;t get upset by the doctor and all the stuff they say to you. I am concerned that they told you you have half a chance to loose the baby and then did not tell you why.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive